Wednesday

My design style ...

I've been asked by a friend to describe my style.
Hmmm, I kind of don't know how to describe my style but here goes my best attempt at it:

- I like fonts and typography. I love love love to play with letters/words. I guess you could say I'm a wee bit trendy in that way.
- I'm addicted to patterns. I love a good patterned paper ... so many things you can do with it.
- I prefer a "clean" look to grunge, distressed, inked, etc. When I designed manufactured scrapbook products, my biggest competitor was Basic Gray, and then, they were all about highly distressing everything. I never understood their design concepts, but I sure loved some of their products.
- I love balance. I like things to be even and complete, unless a visual resting place is needed.
- I'm all about 8.5"X11". Still. This is another reason why a grunged or highly distressed edge around a 12"X12" paper will probably never come out of my studio.
- My color palettes tend to be on the bright and bold side of the spectrum but I'm learning how to use natural and neutral color schemes, too.
- I'm falling in love with three-dimensional stuff. I'm taking an online class to perfect this technique.
- I prefer simple to overwhelming ... except in certain patterns. Houndstooth is a "busier" pattern in my opinion, but I love it! And Argyle, too.
- I adore geometric shapes. I really do. I love squares and dots. See my $1 example of this below.

So, there you have it ... a little blurb about my style. What's yours?






No comments: